The transition to NDIS and Home Care Packages continues and with it our progression to creating more community based activities.
The commencement of renovations to the Kingscliff administration centre will begin from November 6, 2017. The Aged Care staff are well on their way with setting up alternate work stations in the Cottage with some staff already operating from this location. Please note, this will have no impact on existing services.
Overall Lifebridge is extremely excited about the renovations and the changes to our support services both in Aged Care and Disability Services.
As more people transition to the NDIS, more programs will become community based and more community partnerships formed to provide activities within mainstream facilities. Moving from Caloola will provide more opportunity for customer choice and co-designing of activities that are person-centred and meet the goals of all participants.
There has been a lot in the news over the past week regarding the NDIS; changes introduced by the NDIA and the recently released Productivity Commission report. The complexities of introducing a scheme of this magnitude cannot be underestimated. The good news for participants, is the new Pathway being trialled to access the NDIS.
Following is an extract from an article printed by Disability Services Consulting:
A new participant pathway will be piloted and trialled over the coming months before being rolled out nationally. The new pathway is designed to solve many of the issues experienced by participants in planning and implementation, with features including:
- A consistent point of contact, who plays a key role in empowering participants to achieve outcomes.
- Planning being undertaken with a skilled Local Area Coordinator or NDIA planner who will spend time understanding the unique needs of each participant.
- A stronger focus on the broader system of supports for people with disability, including other government services such as health, education and transport, to promote greater inclusion and a sense of community for people with disability.
- Communication which emphasises the objectives of the NDIS, with a clear focus on outcomes and goals during planning discussions.Information that is clear, consistent and available in accessible formats, such as plain English and braille.
- An improved NDIS portal and tools, combined with more straightforward processes that will reduce the administrative cost for providers.
Lifebridge welcomes all initiatives that offer an improved customer experience.
Please remember that if you have any questions or wish to discuss your transition to the NDIS contact a Support Coordinator who will be more than happy to assist.