If you are living with early stage dementia or are a family carer for someone with dementia, you are welcome to join our early intervention program.
The purpose of this program is to reduce the sense of isolation, distress and depression and to increase the self esteem of people with, or caring for someone with dementia. The program also aims to increase participants knowledge of local services and gain positive perceptions of dementia.
The program is delivered over a seven week period, two hours a day on a weekly basis.
During the program, participants have an opportunity to:
- Tell their story of dementia
- Reflect on the impact of diagnosis
- Develop an understanding of the importance of self-care.
- Enhance skills for communicating with others.
- Learn techniques for problem solving.
- Extend their knowledge about legal and financial issues.
Participants must have a diagnosis of dementia or be accompanying a person with a diagnosis of dementia.
When: Wednesdays – April 3rd – 15th May 2019
Time: 10am to 12pm (light refreshments included)
Venue: Seventh Day Adventist Church, 83-93 Phillip Street, Chinderah
Fee: No charge